WUDSN IDE update 1.2.0 released
- Published: Sunday, 12 July 2009 00:00
- Hits: 2065
After a major rework a lot of new features were added and the first usable version of the MADS integration is available now. Now "only" content outline and label file creation are not available yet. I know may people are waiting for the content outline, but I first had to get the syntax for all definitions of pseudo opcodes and directives straight and had to extend the parsing to block comments. Otherwise parsing for a content outline is simply not possible. And comparing the 61 definitions in ATASM (described in an English manual) to the 168 (!) definitions in MADS (described in a Polish manual) you may understand what kept me busy in the past weeks. And without the great support from Tebe for the technical details it would surely not have been possible! Also my wife did a great job in translating the relevant sections of the MADS manual for me, so thanks for that!
Unfortunately the starting the emulator automatically on Mac OS X does not work yet. At least if have Mac OS X emulation up and running now for my tests and found out that the problem is passing parameters to the "open" command in addition to the binary file name.
You can use the menu entry "Help/Software updates/Available Software" to update from version 1.1.0 to 1.2.0.
Features: See the tab "Features" on WUDSN IDE for screen shots
- Syntax highlighting complete for all MADS pseudo opcodes and directives.
- Compiler log parsing and source positioning complete for MADS including recognition of errors from source include files.
- New menu entries to directly open the source and the output folder.
- New Console view with original compiler output opens automatically in the background after compiling which useful in cases where the plugin is not yet complete.
- ATASM ".bank" warnings are mapped to info messages.
- Size of output file now also given in hexa-decimal notation.
- Support for several single line comment delimiters per compiler.
- Support for several multiple lines comment delimiters per compiler.
- Support for several string delimiters per compiler.
- Automatic append of ".asm" extension for "ICL" source includes in MADS, if extension is missing.
- Automatic append of ".asx" extension for "ICL" source includes in XASM, if extension is missing.
- New "Open Folder" context menu available for all folders and files.
- New "Sort" context menu with sub-menu available for all text files.
- "Open with Hex Editor" context menu entry now also supports multi-file selection.
- Preferences automatically activate the tab for the compiler of the active editor upon opening.
- Improved handling and message for misconfiguration and errors during launching of compiler and emulator.
- The "OK" and "Apply" buttons in the preferences are now always enabled, irrespective of the specified compiler and emulator paths.
- Focus back in editor window after compiling.
- Automatic positioning to line of the first error or warning after compiling.
- Syntax highlighting of illegal opcodes fixed, now also uses the preferences setting.
- New section "Is there source version control?" added to FAQ.
- New section "Why is ATASM the primary compiler?" added to FAQ.
- Feature section updated with new screen shots.
- Configuration of file associations added to section "Installation".