After a significant rework, many new features were added, and the first usable version of the MADS integration is now available. Now "only" content outline and label file creation are unavailable. I know many people are waiting for the content outline, but I first had to get the syntax for all definitions of pseudo opcodes and directives straight and extend the parsing to block comments. Otherwise, parsing for a content outline is not possible. And comparing the 61 definitions in ATASM (described in an English manual) to the 168 (!) definitions in MADS (described in a Polish manual), you may understand what kept me busy in the past weeks. And without the incredible support from Tebe for the technical details, it would not have been possible! Also, my wife did a great job translating the MADS manual's relevant sections for me, so thanks for that!
Unfortunately, starting the emulator automatically on Mac OS X does not work. But I have a Mac OS X emulation up and running now for my tests and found out that the problem is passing parameters to the "open" command and the binary file name.
You can use the menu entry "Help/Software updates/Available Software" to update from version 1.1.0 to 1.2.0.
Features: See the tab "Features" on WUDSN IDE for screenshots
- Syntax highlighting is complete for all MADS pseudo opcodes and directives.
- Compiler log parsing and source positioning complete for MADS, including recognition of errors from source code, include files.
- New menu entries to directly open the source and the output folder.
- A new console view with the original compiler output opens automatically in the background after compiling, which is helpful in cases where the plugin is incomplete.
- ATASM ".bank" warnings are mapped to info messages.
- The size of the output file is now also given in hexadecimal notation.
- Support for several single-line comment delimiters per compiler.
- Support for several multiple lines comment delimiters per compiler.
- Support for several string delimiters per compiler.
- Automatic append of ".asm" extension for "ICL" source code includes in MADS if the extension is missing.
- Automatic append of ".asx" extension for "ICL" source code includes in XASM if the extension is missing.
- A new "Open Folder" context menu is available for all folders and files.
- New "Sort" context menu with a sub-menu available for all text files.
- The "Open with Hex Editor" context menu entry now supports multi-file selection.
- Preferences automatically activate the tab for the compiler of the active editor upon opening.
- Handling and messages for misconfiguration and errors during the launching of the compiler and emulator have been improved.
- The "OK" and "Apply" buttons in the preferences are now always enabled, irrespective of the specified compiler and emulator paths.
- Focus back in the editor window after compiling.
- Automatic positioning to the line of the first error or warning after compiling.
- Syntax highlighting of illegal opcodes fixed, now also uses the preferences setting.
- A new section, "Is there source version control?" was added to FAQ.
- A new section, "Why is ATASM the primary compiler?" was added to FAQ.
- Feature section updated with new screenshots.
- Configuration of file associations added to section "Installation".