WUDSN IDE update 1.4.3 released
- Published: Wednesday, 28 April 2010 00:00
- Hits: 1519
After having recovered from BreakPoint 2010 I managed to compile a new version.
Features: See the tab "Features" on WUDSN IDE for screen shots
- The compiler output directory mode in the preferences now also allows the specification of a fixed folder to simplify cases where you for example compile into the hard disk emulation folder without creating disk images. I hope Jonathan will be happy with it :-)
- The graphics editor can now also save images as ".bmp", ".gif" and ".jpg"
- The graphics editor supports relative file paths. If the file path is in the same folder as the ".cnv" file, it it automatically converted to a relative file path when the file name is defaulted or picked from the file browser dialog. This allows to move the ".cnv" file and the referenced source files around together without breaking the saved paths
- The hex editor now displays the file length and file mode in separate fields
- The hex editor now has auto detection support for the following file types and allows explicit switching between them, in case the it is possible: binary file, Atari COM files (with blocks), Atari ATR disk image (with sectors). It detects the cases when the file type does not match at all and the case when only the end of the file if corrupted
- The hex editor context menu now has entries to copy the marked file section to the clipboard in different formats: hex values (".byte $01,$02,..."), decimal values (".byte 1,2,...") and ASCII string. This is very helpful to turn parts of a file into source code. The possibility to copy/paste into the binary file itself in order to modify is prepared but not working yet and will be completed later
- Upon request of Nick Westgate , one of the developers of the Java based Apple 2 emulator Java-ACE - the new platform "Apple 2" has been added. The current extensions are only stubs for Nick to start, but I'm really looking forward to his contribution
- The output file is not opened anymore in case it has been there before but was not updated by the compiler due to compiler errors
- The scroll bar and cursor in the editor are now stable also in the cases when the outline is changed by the latest user input
- The hex editor now get the focus correctly also when clicking on already opened files
- The XHTML errors on the web site have been cleaned up