WUDSN IDE update 1.6.0 released
- Published: Saturday, 02 April 2011 00:00
- Hits: 2072
After 5 months I have completed a new major update of WUDSN IDE with a bunch a new features and improvements. Some of the new features like the graphics conversion and the content assist for identifier are still "beta" but already usable and useful. For example the syntax highlighting sometimes detects keywords within other words. This will be corrected soon.
Features: See the tab "Features" on WUDSN IDE for screen shots or click on the inline links
- .ENUM and .STRUCT are now displayed as sections with own icons in the content outline
- .VAR and .ZPVAR definitions are now displayed as equate definitions in the outline, they will get their own icon in the next version
- .PROC, .LOCAL, .PAGES and binary includes now implicitly end a definition section even without ORG statement
- The expanded nodes and the selected elements in the outline are now stable. In case of structural changes, the selection is repositioned automatically to the next higher visible parent element
- The bold and italic style of the syntax highlighting is now also visualized directly in list within the preferences
- Separately configurable syntax highlighting for all types of identifiers and numbers. For non unique identifiers, the syntax highlighting will try to be a best guess
- Altirra is now available in the preferences as standard emulator for the Atari 8-bit editors
- All editor names have been extended with the platform like "ACME (C64)"
- The toolbar icon for "Compile and Run" now adapts based on the hardware of the currently opened editor, for example it will show a C64 icon when using the "ACME (C64)" editor
- The toolbar icon for "Compile and Run" now has a pull down menu which allows running the output file with any of the applications configured in the preferences. This way you can run the output file easily with different emulators without changing the preferences. That can be very helpful if one emulator show a different behavior than another or in case you have specified a build script as user defined application in the preferences
- MADS (Atari 8-bit) is the new default editor for the file extension ".asm" for new installations. You can change this as you desire in the preferences panel "General/Editors/File Associations"
- Symbols file "*.lbl" is now only created if there are actually any symbols. An existing symbols file is deleted if it is empty
- The graphics editor now supports viewing for all 23 Atari 8-bit image formats supported by version 1.0.1 of "FAIL (First Atari Image Library)" plus C64 charsets and sprites. This includes hires and multi color charsets, images with palettes and true color images.
Platform File Extension File Format Atari 8-bit AP3 80x192, 256 colors, interlaced Atari 8-bit APC Any Point, Any Color, 80x96, 256 colors, interlaced Atari 8-bit CHR 8x8 charset, mono or multicolor Atari 8-bit CCI Champions' Interlace, 160x192, compressed Atari 8-bit CIN Champions' Interlace, 160x192 Atari 8-bit CHG Gephard Hires Graphics, up to 320x200, mono Atari 8-bit CPR Trzmiel, 320x192, mono, compressed Atari 8-bit FNT Standard 8x8 font, mono Atari 8-bit GR8 Standard 320x192, mono Atari 8-bit GR9 Standard 80x192, grayscale Atari 8-bit HIP Hard Interlace Picture, 160x200, grayscale Atari 8-bit HR Hires 256x239, 3 colors, interlaced Atari 8-bit HR2 Hires 320x200, 5 colors, interlaced Atari 8-bit ILC APAC 80x192, 256 colors interlaced Atari 8-bit INP Interlace Picture 160x200, 7 colors, interlaced Atari 8-bit INT INT95a, up to 160x239, 16 colors, interlaced Atari 8-bit MCP McPainter, 160x200, 16 colors, interlaced Atari 8-bit MIC Micropainter 160x192, 4 colors Atari 8-bit PIC Koala MicroIllustrator, 160x192, 4 colors, compressed Atari 8-bit PLM Plama 256, 80x96, 256 colors Atari 8-bit RIP Rocky Interlace Picture, up to 160x239 Atari 8-bit SXS 16x16 font, mono Atari 8-bit TIP Taquart Interlace Picture, up to 160x119 C64 64C Charset, mono or multi color C64 SPR Sprite, mono or multi color
- The new image palette view associated with the graphics editor displays the palette entries and the color histogram. It supports filtering of unused colors, sorting by index and color frequencies, pre-settings and editing the palette when displaying 8-bit images
- The file chooser dialog now has a hierarchical display including automatic positioning to the next suitable folder in the hierarchy
- The content assist now recognizes if there is already and instruction in the current line and suggests the available identifiers instead if this is the case. This is the first version and it supports global identifiers in the current source file and source file included from there. Scoped identifiers of the form "a.b" are not yet supported
- The online help now contains the entry "WUDSN IDE Guide" which contains the overview of all tutorial videos and release news videos
- Hyperlink navigation now also works for labels which contain an underscore
- The key binding for the "Compile" menu is now "Shift-Ctrl-9" because it turned out that "Ctrl-0" is not available in all cases
- The HexEditor is now also detecting the situation that the first block of a COM file is incorrect and display this correctly
- Content assist has now correct new lines when inserting #IF, #WHILE and .TEST
- Fonts and colors resources are disposed correctly now
- Resetting to default syntax colors in the preferences works now
- Elements of .ENUM are recognized as equates now also if they do not start of position 0
- Elements of .STRUCT are recognized as labels now also if they do not start of position 0
- Cursor is now positioned to the first character of an equate or label also if it is not defined starting at position 0
- New section tutorials added to the "WUDSN IDE" tab