WUDSN IDE update 1.6.4 released
- Published: Tuesday, 17 September 2013 00:00
- Hits: 1587
I've' had a good time at this year's Fujiama Party again and had the possibility to present WUDSN IDE to a lot of people. All of the are now happy "customers" with an environment where they can play around with assembler so easily. When I installed the previous version of the IDE, I found a bug in recent versions of Eclipse which is due to an incompatible change "plugin.xml" file handling. The bug causes the toolbar button to be invisible and locks up the "Customize Perspective" dialog. Therefore I decided to release a new version which contains all the fixes and round offs I have implemented in the past 12 months.
- Auto completion for ".PROC" now adds "RTS" before ".ENDP" in MADS
- Auto completion for ".LOCAL" now adds ".ENDL" in MADS
- Clicking on the link to a non existent file now asks for creating the file. This simplifies creation of includes during refactoring.
- Error message assignment to include files now normalizes the file separator before comparison, making it more robust in case of compiler bugs (e.g. MADS 1.9.4)
- Virtual ][ emulator added for Apple ][
- Screen shots and descriptions updated to reflect the lasted version
- How do I compile into ROM images? added
- How do I compile into disk images? added
- How to run a makefile script instead of an emulator? updated
- Section "Further information on assembler programming" added to the installation section of the IDE. The new section contains links to readily formatted source code includes and examples.
- The toolbar icons now work correctly with newer Eclipse versions
- Atari 8-bit Graphics 12 Converter works again
- Graphics editor now properly closes input stream for image files
- Empty selection and too large numbers no longer lead to exceptions when opening the context menu for "Convert..."
- Pressing refresh in the graphics converter now always updates the image pane correctly and not only if the size has changed
- Inline repeats like ":64" in MADS are no longer detected as labels
- Hex Editor now correctly detects erroneous COM files in case the segment length exceeds the file length (by one)
- Disk images (for Apple II) are now updated also if only "Compile" instead of "Compile and Run" is used
- Apple Commander integration is now part of the installation, as it should have been with 1.6.3
- The HELLO program generated for the auto-start disk images of Apple II now displays a title and uses "BLOAD/CALL" instead of "BRUN" because of this bug in Apple DOS
10 PRINT "Loading <title>" : PRINT CHR$(4);"BRUN WORLD" : CALL <address>