WUDSN IDE update 1.7.1 released
- Published: Friday, 16 October 2020 00:00
- Hits: 3063
The aim of this release was to gain long-term stability and include pending fixes. It contains a lot of internal cleanups that you cannot set at the surface. The following visible changes are relevant for the users.
Java and Eclipse
- After 7 years of successfully maintaining compatibility with Java 1.6/1.7, all Eclipse versions and the 32-bit architectures an era ends. Support by fixes in Java and Eclipse is only available for Java 1.8 and Eclipse 4.10 and later and both do not support 32-bit development environments anymore. Understandable in a time when every mobile phone has an 8-core 64-bit architecture. Therefore WUDSN IDE 1.7.1 requires Java 1.8, Eclipse 2019-06 (4.12), and a 64-bit operating system as a minimum.
- The 1.7.1 is intentionally a minor version update, so there are no major feature changes and people who cannot migrate to the new environment can, of course, download the older version from the Releases page.
- Source code editor added with the first version of syntax highlighting for Pascal Source Files (".pas") that can be used with Mad Pascal.
- Since building with MapPascal is a multi-step process, an example script file for compiling is included in the "Atari800/Pascal" folder of the zero installation download.
- Support for parsing the structure of files in Interchange File Format ("IFF") added.
- POKEY emulation updated to ASAP 4.0.0 for compatibility and more accurate replay.
- Online help now works again thanks to the update to Java 1.8 and the newer Eclipse version.
- Atari TrueType fonts by Mark Schmelzenbach updated to version 1.2, which fixes the look of the capital "J".
- If the "Skip All Breakpoints" option is active, breakpoints are now correctly skipped.
- Copyright, features, and GPL updated to 2020.
- All links to the WUDSN site updated from "http://" to https://"
Request for Help
It's been 11 years now since I started with the plugin. Some major things have changed in Eclipse and I'd need some help in replacing the deprecated action/actionSets extension point. So if there is anybody reading this who has experience with PDE development in the recent Eclipse builds, please contact me.