WUDSN IDE update 1.7.1 released
- Published: Tuesday, 01 January 2019 00:00
- Hits: 476
This page contains information about a planned, not yet released version.
Java and Eclipse
- After 7 years of successfully maintaining compatibility with Java 1.6/1.7, all Eclipse version and 32-bit architectures an era ends. Support by fixes in Java and Eclipse is only available for Java 1.8 and Eclipse 4.10 and later and both do not support 32-bit development environments anymore. Understandable in a time where every mobile phone has an 8-core 64-bit architecture. Therefore WUDSN IDE 1.7.1 requires Java 1.8, Eclipse 2019-06 (4.12) and a 64-bit operating system as a minimum.
- The 1.7.1 is intentionally a minor version update, so there are no major feature changes and people who cannot migrate to the new environment can, of course, download the older version from the Releases page.
- Source code editor with the first version of syntax highlighting for Pascal Source Files (".pas") that can be used with Mad Pascal.
- Support for parsing the structure of files in "IFF" file format.
- Online help now works again thanks to the update to Java 1.8 and newer Eclipse version.
- Atari TrueType fonts by Mark Schmelzenbach updated to version 1.2, which fixes the look of the capital "J".
- If the "Skip All Breakpoints" option is active, breakpoints are now correctly skipped.