Bad Apple HD released
- Published: Saturday, 03 November 2018 00:00
- Hits: 117
At Silly Venture 2k18, we have released this Atari 8-bit demo by Lucy, MotionRide and JAC!. Took 5 years to compete and has the following unique selling points
- works on unexpanded Atari 400 with 16k RAM or higher machine
- works on both PAL and NTSC machines, PAL recommended
- only uses passive ROMs and standard tapes, no external CPU, microcontroller etc.
- 384 x 232 pixels, full overscan display
- 50 frames per second, dynamically adapted on NTSC
- real voice audio from the "educational soft" left tape channel
- additional intro and outro part resulting in 5:35 total runtime
- 177 MB of raw video compressed to 41 MB of video using unique ANTIC hardware compression
- 29 MB uncompressed 16-bit PCM audio
You can read the full story behind it's creation and the technical details here.