The!Cart Studio update released
- Published: Sunday, 26 April 2015 00:00
- Hits: 904
- The download now contains a "TheCartStudio.exe" for Windows users. This wrapper program comes with a proper icons, a version and location test for the Java Runtime and the required Java parameters to ensure enough heap memory is available.
- The download now also contains a "TheCartStudio.sh" for Linux users. This script provides Java with the required parameters to ensure enough heap memory is available.
- The download now also contains a "TheCartStudio.app" for Mac OS X users. This one is still very experimental and is not yet tested as I don't own a Mac OS X machine. But I wanted to get this version out now.
- Online help has been revised. New sections and diagrams in now explain the overall workflow and creating and flashing workbooks. Also the different options to add files directly or via Maxflash Studio and MegaCart Studio are now explained.
- The selected line in the extended menu now uses black text and a more constant and darker flashing. This reduces bending and artifacts on CRT TV.
- Player missile graphics of the extended menu are now disabled correctly before an entry is started. That was an issue for example with Flop Magazine 56 Intro.
- An exception that occurred with ATR files that do neither have a boot manager menu nor are DOS 2.5 disks is fixed.
- New Atari software version 2014-04-07 included. It includes a fix for the CAR or MyPicoDOS when loading OSS modules.
- The "-createSampleFiles" command now correctly creates separate folders "ROM-Correct", "ROM-Size-Too-Small", "ROM-Size-Too-Large".
- Console output for error messages is now routed to "System.err", so the command line can properly distinguish between information and error messages.